Last modified: January 2, 2020
KnectIQ, Inc. (“Company”, “us”, or “we”) is committed to protecting personal information about individuals, whether supplied to us by an individual or by a business or governmental customer. We have adopted this policy to explain our privacy practices with respect to information that we may receive about you when you access this website or about individuals received from our customers.
This policy applies to information we collect:
· Through the website.
· In email, text, or other electronic messages that are sent to us through the website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
· Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party; or
· Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from the website.
Although our intention is to not collect personal information as part of our business or in the operation of the website, we recognize that as an ancillary and unintentional function of doing business and operating the website, we may nevertheless receive certain types of personal information, including the following:
· information by which you or an individual may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or fax number (“personal information”).
· information about your or another individual’s internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website and usage details.
This information would be collected from you, if at all:
· Directly from you when you provide it to us.
· Automatically as you navigate through our website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies. We only use “session cookies” which are deleted after termination of the browser session, i.e. after your browser window is closed. If you do not wish to accept cookies, most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or how to disable cookies altogether. However, without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all our website’s features. For further details, see www.allaboutcookies.org.
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This information is provided when you contact us through our webform, when you subscribe to our newsletter, or when you email us.
· We may also ask you for this information when you report a problem with our website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
· Details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website.
· Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
· To present our website and its contents to you.
· To facilitate the use of our services.
· To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
· To fulfill any purpose for which you provide it.
· To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
· To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of KnectIQ, Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by KnectIQ, Inc. about our website’s users is among the assets transferred.
· To fulfill the purpose for which you or our customers provide it.
We may also disclose your personal information:
· To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of KnectIQ, Inc., our customers, or others.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. At this time, we do not engage in this type of disclosure.
Our website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the website.